The coroner's assistant opened the drawer and pulled back the sheet, and Calla saw a living woman. Lucy's face was intact, her eyes closed, her long red hair fanned out around her head. She was breathing softly, chest moving just the slightest bit. Even her clothes were there--gray sweater, dark jeans, a chunk of quartz on a thin gold chain. Calla bit down hard on the inside of her cheek and concentrated on now. The image flickered and blurred and vanished, leaving only the waxy, jawless corpse, naked and autopsy-scarred.

Bodies remembered what they'd been.
Post of the Month
Keep Reading >>
Join

Learn More

Lurk
The Sacred And The Profane
CBOX
The Sacred & The Profane

New Poll

No Rest for the Wicked, [Jason]
Lucia Idoni
 Posted: Feb 3 2015, 04:36 PM

She had taken it upon herself to mentor the poor dear, because he was going to die if she didn’t. Those were simply the facts of life, and Lucia was surprised that Claudio hadn’t told the boy that himself. Had he ever intended for Jason to survive in the first place?

Somehow, she doubted it.

They’d housed the boy in a room in Claudio’s estate, but he hardly ever used it except to block out the sun. He’d learned that lesson the hard way, if Lucia recalled; few motels were adapted to keeping out quite so effectively as a vampire’s own designs, and anyway, a fake ID would only get you so far.

Lucia wrapped lightly on the closed door, but ultimately let herself in. This was her turf as much as Claudio’s, and she owed Jason no courtesy. “Our fearless leader thinks I should take you for walkies,” she said disdainfully. “You know. To show you the ropes.”
PM
Email
^
Jason Garza
 Posted: Feb 4 2015, 08:49 PM

“Walkies?” Jason scoffed, more amused at the turn of phrase than offended. He gingerly set his book down, spine open, on the bedspread and got up, stretching his muscles that already felt stiff from weeks of confinement. He missed being outside, smelling freshly cut grass with his face warm from the sun. Even if he tried hard it was difficult to muster up much emotion about his situation, but he missed those things, and truth be told, he had been missing them before he left school too; the long New England winter hadn’t been treating him well. Now, trying to imagine that he wouldn’t experience them again felt sad, but there was a disconnect between the idea and reality. He felt…gray.

“So. The ropes, huh?” He grinned sheepishly, rubbing his neck. “I guess I could use a little educating after the other night. It’s just, like—“ Jason frowned, brushing thick dark hair from his eyes. “Well, none of this feels real to me, to be honest. It kinda feels like I’m watching it happen to someone else.”
PM
Email
^
Lucia Idoni
 Posted: Feb 9 2015, 02:13 PM

The room they had given Claudio’s new heir was spacious and well-furnished, and there were several feet between the side of the bed and the door-frame in which she stood. She crossed her arms and leaned against the doorframe.

“I can imagine,” Lucia agreed. “I felt much the same way, only I was half naked and covered in my husband’s blood.” The systematic culling of irrelevant memories was common in vampires who had passed their first millennium, and these days Lucia recalled only the essence of that confusion and disconnect. “We all have a small disaster or two early on. I was fortunate that our dear Claudio took me in, as you now are.”

It would be some time before they would tell Jason directly just why he had been chosen and who had chosen him; the story he’d been fed so far required him to believe that the attack was random and it was only luck that had saved him from an untimely death the very next day. It was only luck, she and Hadrian had been feeding him, that his family was safe from whatever menace decided it would make a meal of him that night.

Their dear Claudio had chosen Jason specifically, after months of watching him, and there was nothing random about the selection at all. “Have you fed yet?”
PM
Email
^
Jason Garza
 Posted: Feb 17 2015, 06:22 PM

“Well gee, I sure could go for a chimichanga,” Jason said grinning, well aware that wasn’t what she’d meant. “Or did you mean have I sucked your bludd,” he added, donning a Transylvanian accent that would make Bela Lugosi blush. “I haven’t. I am feeling a little peckish, though. Do walkies mean we’re going to grab a bite while we’re out?”

He cracked himself up.

“Or are you all the “good” vampires?” Jason could barely contain the eye roll that accompanied that sentence. Sure, he’d read Twilight like the rest of them as a young teenager, and had found it lacking a considerable amount of gore. Vegetarians indeed.
PM
Email
^
Lucia Idoni
 Posted: Feb 23 2015, 05:29 PM

“Oh, we’re good at just about everything,” Lucia assured him. “Most of us, anyway.” The theatrics didn’t make her any less skeptical. “I’ll see to it that you have a fitting meal, and if you’re still hungry after you’ve been properly fed, we can see about—” She paused and attempted to parse what he had said originally, but language had made so many rapid changes since her day. “Chimichangas.”
PM
Email
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
New Poll

RPG-D