A Brief Guide
For the sake of accommodating stylistic preferences here on S&P, this quick guide addresses what is and is not appropriate for threads in terms of writing style. We're going to do things a little out of the ordinary, so bear with us.
- Threads may be written in first, second, or third person.
- They may also be written in past or present tense; no future tense, please!
- The tense and point of view of threads should be agreed upon by all parties before the start of the thread.
- Threads that don't follow the standard third-person past-tense should have some indication of their tense and person in the topic title or description.
- When replying to open threads, make sure to adhere to the tense and person that the thread starter used.
- Stylistic choices that may break grammar rules are accepted and even encouraged as long as these remain consistent throughout the use of an individual character's posts.
Any questions or suggestions about tense, person, and style can be left here, and this document will be amended as necessary.